As usual Chris and Morgan have been highly active in the local eco-system and a recent stocktake showed we are working actively with 50 tech businesses in Sheffield.
- We are now providing mentoring to some of the accelerated startups on ‘Project 22’ at Sheffield Technology Parks as well as working closely with Unrest, P4SY and Transform accelerators on pipeline, ongoing support and embedding their clients in the locality.
- We are delighted that one of our supported DeepTech startups has raised a £1m Seed Round via Mercia & Angel Investors and another has just been selected for the second round of the prestigious TechNation ‘RisingStars’ competition.
- We are organising an informal peer-networking event for some of the Tech Founders we support on 8th December. Various people from support ecosystem have also been invited but we are keen to put the founders at the fore. Don’t worry if you didn’t get an invite – if it continues to be successful, expect more of these to come in 2023!
- Its already been – and continues to be – an event-packed season for the tech sector, with us having attended and taken clients to various events. Naturally both SY Investor Lounge and SY Tech Summit are just around the corner now but also worth mentioning is we are taking 2 clients to the Manchester BBB/ investor ladder event on Angel Investing where a number of influential figures are in attendance.
- Also on events a reminder that there is the Business Sheffield Entrepreneurs Conference on 26th November. Uniquely, this is on a Saturday, allowing people who aren’t available mid week to attend.
- We are looking forward to the formal announcement on the hotly-anticipated ‘Tech Welcome’ Grants, which should be on or soon after 24th Nov. In the meantime, note that there are still Digital Grants available from https://www.enterprisingbarnsley.co.uk/digital-innovation-grants/ which any business (tech or not) can apply for to support innovation projects up to £10k value.