Contact: Richard Bland, Richard.Bland@sheffield.gov.uk
- Department for Levelling Up Homes and Communities funding now received (mid-Feb).
- Consultation in Feb/Mar to raise awareness of AMID#2 programme and proposals for future/ongoing engagement has gone well and included discussions with econ.shf group, major land owners at Harworth, Sheffield Business Park & UoS; plus recent presentations and discussions at SHU Business and Enterprise Leadership Meeting 2/3/22 & SY Economic Summit 9/3/22.
- Spatial and Economic Strategy (SES) scope of work are almost complete and draw together all the ideas and comments from a range of different stakeholders. It tries to articulate the scope of issues that the SES needs to address, it is rightly ambitious.
- Land Supply commission led by Turley & Aspinal Verdi is mid-way through and identifies 72 potential sites for future employment/housing growth connected to AMID. There are a range of potential barriers and constraints that require further examination, and exploration of appetite for intervention, to create a pipeline for growth opportunities and a balanced portfolio of sites.
- 4 x private sector workshops planned in April focussed around different areas of distinctive innovation capability; Advanced Manufacturing; Clean Energy; Lifesciences, Health & Wellbeing and Digital – the later underpinning/cross cutting the three areas of competitive advantage.
- These sessions are the precursor to the start of the Delivery Mechanisms work-stream. Laura Bennett has agreed to represent SIAN members at the Digital Workshop and workstream – other members such as AWRC also attending.